Service Mission Statement
Bradford Speech and Language Service will transform lives by providing quality, accessible services
to children and adults with communication and/or eating and drinking difficulties.
Address and contact details for enquiries and referrals
Bradford Speech and Language Service
Unit 3 - Horton Park Medical Centre
99 Horton Park Avenue
Tel: 01274 770397
Fax: 01274 323960
Referral Form: Please complete and return the form to the above address either by post or fax. This form
must not be forwarded by email as it contains Confidential / sensitive information.
Supporting Document for referral form June 2015 - Guidance information re making a referral to our service
Paediatric Speech Therapy Referral Form Pre School Age 2016
Paediatric Speech Therapy Referral Form School Age 2016
Service manager/clinical lead
Paediatric Team Managers
Commissioned Speech and Language Therapy in your School
Our therapists and assistants are currently commissioned in over 50 settings across Bradford. These include mainstream primary schools, mainstream secondary schools and a range of specialist settings including special schools, Pupil Referral Units and Designated
We offer assessment and therapy interventions for children of all ages with speech, language and communication needs at all levels. We also offer training and support for your staff and parents.
Further information can be found on this flyer
Are you interested in Speech and Language Therapy as a career?
The next available session will be held in November 2016.
Please contact Gail Silcock, Speech and Language Therapist, for further information.
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01274 770397
Would you like to volunteer with us?
Register your interest by contacting our Volunteer Coordinators at the Trust on
Elklan accredited training courses
Elklan is an accredited 10 week course delivered by an Elklan trained Speech and Language Therapist and learners are trained to support the communication of all children but especially those with children with speech and language difficulties. It is accredited
through the Open College Network (OCN) at either level 2 or 3.
Core courses available in Bradford are:
- Speech and language support with under 5's
- Speech and language support in the classroom 5-11's
- Speech and language support for 11-16's
- Speech and language support for verbal children with ASC
- Speech and language support for children with complex needs
Please contact our the service on 01274 770 397 to discuss Elklan training courses and costs.
Makaton Foundation Workshop
This workshop allows you to learn Makaton with other people who use it within their work, share experiences and practise with others. You will develop a working knowledge of Makaton and learn the signs and symbols for stages 1-4 and Additional stage of the
Further information can be found on this flyer
We will also be running a
Makaton Enhanced Workshop. This workshop consolidates skills already learned on the Foundation Workshop, and you will develop new skills in translating information using signs and symbols. You will learn Stages 5 - 8 of the Makaton vocabulary.
(NB. accredited trainer for MAKATON Foundation and other workshops as above)
Please contact Bridget Bray, Speech and Language Therapist for further information.
Bridget.Bray@bdct.nhs.uk Tel: 01274 770397
Please contact the service re bespoke courses we can offer you
We offer training in all areas of speech, language and communication at very competitive rates.
We can also offer non accredited training in the following areas:
- Introduction to Speech and Language Needs (SLCN)
- Supporting Children with SLCN -Good practice in the mainstream classroom
- Speech sound difficulties
- Social communication difficulties
- Narrative Skills
- Adult Child Interaction skills
- Vocabulary development
- The role of the Speech and Language Therapist
- You Matter - Positive ways of using AAC (Alternative/Augmentative Communication)
- Supporting Children who use High Tech AAC in the classroom
- Communication Awareness
- Communicating with Objects
- Communicating with Pictures
- Eating and Drinking
- Maintaining a Healthy Voice
- Supporting Bilingual Children with Communication Difficulties
- Understanding Stammering in a Primary/Secondary School Setting
- Children with Hearing Impairment
Training can also be tailored to the needs of your school and can be delivered on training days or in twilight sessions.
Please contact the team on Tel: 01274 770 397 to discuss your needs and costs further.
- Voice improvement and protection and the prevention of common problems associated with classroom teaching
These workshops can be tailored to the specific needs of your school.