Important DfE funding to upgrade wireless network infrastructure for Bradford schools.
We strongly recommend all schools read the information below and attend the information sharing webinar we have arranged with the DfE to clarify the details and apply for the grant. Bradford Council's Curriculum Innovation Service has worked
with the vast majority of schools in Bradford over the last 20 years and we are well aware that investment in high performance, reliable Wi-Fi infrastructure has been financially challenging and this initiative is designed to address this issue.
The webinar details are below along with some information about the initiative. We have a list of schools who are eligible for this and it would appear this covers over
95% of Bradford schools.
A summary of the initiative is below
- DfE grant funded initiative, open to all schools in Priority Investment Areas, and those schools with an Ofsted report of “Inadequate” or “Requires Improvement” in Education Investment Areas. Bradford is included in both of these areas.
- It is a condition-based grant that funds schools to upgrade (and sometimes extend to full site coverage if not already) their wireless network across the site. It also funds associated Wi-Fi work such as replacing switches and, in some cases, network cabling.
The grant covers the full cost of work.
- The solution must comply with the DfE Output Specification.
- The school is the procurement agent and so has to comply with their own procurement rules e.g. 3 quotes, and the contract is owned and managed by them
with their chosen supplier.
- Schools will be asked to submit a proforma “Network Assessment Form” to assess the extent of their eligibility, and a standardised Quote from them provided by their preferred supplier.
- The preferred solution and costs will be evaluated by the DfE Connect the Classroom team before approval.
Please join the information Webinar: Wednesday 9th November 2022 15:45-16:45. No need to book a place, simply join using the instructions below.
Microsoft Teams meeting - Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 388 610 787 530
Download Teams |
Join on the web
Or call in (audio only)
+44 20 3321 5238,,119251808# United Kingdom, London
Phone Conference ID: 119 251 808#
Find a local number |
Learn More |