Our first two Lucy Faithfull Safer Recruitment sessions of the academic year have been announced. They will be offered over two half-day sessions, on the 1st November & 29th November 2022. Our Lucy Faithfull Safer Recruitment sessions are highly acclaimed,
and always sell out fast, so be sure to book your place on one of the dates as soon as possible. These sessions will be hosted at Margaret McMillan Tower in Bradford City Centre, we look forward to seeing you there.
Following the removal of DfE approved safer recruitment training in 2013, professionals from a range of backgrounds were brought together to update the training and ensure its continuing relevance and availability. From this group, a Safer Recruitment Consortium
was formed; made up of NSPCC, Lucy Faithfull Foundation, NASS and CAPE.
Paula Dodd, HR Business Partner with PACT HR is an accredited trainer with Lucy Faithfull Foundation and delivers our half-day Safer Recruitment course. The course is suitable for all members of staff involved at any stage in the Safer Recruitment of staff,
volunteers, contractors and freelance workers and covers:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour and maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Venue: Margaret McMillan Tower, Prince's Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN
Cost: £100 for PACT HR SLA customers (plus VAT where applicable)
£125 for non-SLA customers (plus VAT where applicable)
The course costs include refreshments, delegate materials, and certificate on completion.