We are always looking to develop talent and aspiring Engineers and are looking to offer a 12-month Engineering placement within our Infrastructure team.
KeolisAmey Docklands (KAD) is an award-winning Light Rail Operator and proud to operate the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) which serves a vibrant community at the heart of the East End of London. We pride ourselves, not just in our outstanding safety and
performance records, but in our hunger to deliver an amazing customer experience.
What’s on offer
The placement will be an opportunity to gain hands on experience within the rail sector and to learn from subject matter experts within Civils, Track and Power Systems. It may also provide a potential stepping stone into a permanent role within the Engineering
team at KAD.
Our entry requirements;
- A relevant engineering qualification such as a BTEC is essential.
- Competent to produce engineer reports.
- Good communications skills at all levels and computer literate.
- Confident, persuasive and professional approach.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and display tact, diplomacy and discretion at all times.
- The ability to carry out some shift work, including nights.
We expect you to;
- learn the role and function of the Infrastructure asset area in relation to an operating railway.
- support the Infrastructure team and wider engineering group in works commensurate with your experience and capability.
- undertake training where appropriate in relation to the role.
- manage suppliers as appropriate to the role.
- learn to work in collaboration with the company’s client DLRL.
- work towards further developing your engineering professional qualification.
KAD recognises and promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect irrespective of their age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief,
or sexual orientation. We particularly encourage female applicants to apply as women are currently under-represented in this area of the business.
As part of the Transport for London family, we offer our staff a range of competitive benefits including:
- Free travel for you and a nominated partner/family member, living at the same address, across the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan
Right to Work
Applicants will be expected to have the right to work in the UK as KAD does not offer sponsorship.
Closing date - 19th June 2022.
To apply - Pre application form - 12 Month Engineering Placement job - Poplar - KeolisAmey DLR (livevacancies.co.uk)