Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and, within this, the promotion of fundamental British values, are at the heart of the school’s work." - Outstanding Ofsted School Inspection Handbook September 2018
The quality of a school’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development is central to its ethos. Its importance is emphasised in the Ofsted framework, particularly in relation to leadership, management and overall effectiveness of the school.
This half day course, led by qualified and experienced teacher-advisors, balances input with reflection and interactivity and guides participants in developing SMSC, meeting requirements for British values in their own school context. The course is fully
updated to cover September 2019 Ofsted changes and the Character Education Guidance.
At the end of the course participants will:
· Have a clear understanding of what SMSC development and British values look like in a school
· Be aware of Ofsted inspection and DfE expectations in this area
· Be equipped with the knowledge needed to create and implement a whole school strategy and curriculum approaches for SMSC and British values
· Understand how to evidence and evaluate the impact of SMSC
· Take home a number of resources which exemplify SMSC and British values development, as well as the ‘TLN SMSC Toolkit & Audit’ and a PowerPoint for a staff meeting to disseminate the learning, available exclusively to course delegates.
24th March 2020
1.00pm+ - 4.00pm
The Innovation Centre, Bradford Digital Exchange, 34 Peckover Street, Little Germany, BD1 5BD
+Registration, lunch and refreshments from 12.15
*£100 to schools outside Bradford *£50 to all Bradford Schools.
How to book
Book online at www.thelinkingnetwork.org.uk, email
phone 01274 439248, stating name, role in school, contact details, and dietary or other requirements for the delegate.