Welcome to the Portage Team's page, we hope it provides a clear overview of our work and any information you are looking for.
If you need anything further please email:
The Portage Team provide a home visiting and early education support group service for pre-school children with additional needs and their familiies.
The Portage Team have an open referral system via a Portage Enquiry Form for parents, carers and professionals.
The Team provides a service to children and their parents/carers, including:
- Partnership working with parents and carers
- Information and support to parents and carers
- Portage regular home visits following the Portage Early Education model through play based activities
- Liaison and joint working with other agencies involved with the child
- Training and support for individuals and for groups of staff including delivery of the 3 Day Portage Basic Workshop training
- Support Transitions
- Advice and/or loans of specialist resources
- Social activities for children and their parents and carers.
Bradford Portage is a registered service with the
National Portage Association ( www.portage.org.uk ). Alongside Portage Home Visiting we also run a number of Portage Groups around the Bradford District. Please email
Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To refer a child to Portage please complete the Request for Early Years 0-7 SEND Pathway Services form -
Portage Groups Flyer
Department of Children's Services
Margaret McMillan Tower
Tel: 01274 439500
Portage Co-ordinator: Janice McKinley
Administrative Assistant: Anna Chatburn
Senior Portage Home Visitor: Janine Wood
Portage Home Visitors: Kerry Cawley, Wakhida Akhtar, Erum Iqbal, Lisa Haley, Lucy Dawson, Suzanne Palmer & Louise Williamson
Page owned by Paula Hart, last updated on 22/12/2016. This page has been viewed 2,730 times.