Welcome to the Portage Team's page, we hope it provides a clear overview of our work and any information you are looking for.
If you need anything further please email:
Covid 19 update - Portage offer from 12th April 2021:
- Children aged 0 – 2 can receive Portage home visiting or virtual support. When Portage Education groups resume a group place can be offered as an alternative to home visits.
- Children aged 2 - 3 can receive Portage home visiting or virtual support if not accessing their early education place. Children who are accessing early education can receive 6 Portage home visits or virtual sessions.
- Children aged 3 – 5 can receive up to 6 Portage home visits or virtual sessions. When Portage Education groups resume, only a group place will be offered to this age group.
Portage works flexibly to meet the needs of children and families, if there is a medical reason a child cannot access their early education place aged 3+ we may be able to offer Portage home visits.
Bradford Portage is a registered service with the
National Portage Association www.portage.org.uk
The Portage Team have an open referral system via a Portage Enquiry Form for parents, carers and professionals.
The Team provides a service to children and their parents/carers, including:
- Partnership working with parents and carers
- Information and support to parents and carers
- Portage regular home visits following the Portage Early Education model through play based activities
- Liaison and joint working with other agencies involved with the child
- Training and support for individuals and for groups of staff including delivery of the Portage Workshop: A Small Steps Approach to learning for Children with SEND
- Support for transitions into settings, nurseries, schools
- Advice, information, completing DLA and/or loans of specialist resources
- Social activities for children and their parents and carers.
Alongside Portage Home Visiting we also run a number of Portage Groups around the Bradford District.
Please email Portage Team Manager Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Bradford Portage Service
Margaret McMillan Tower
Tel: 01274 439500
Portage Team Manager: Janine Wood
Portage Home Visitors: Kerry Cawley, Wakhida Akhtar, Erum Iqbal, Lisa Haley, Karen Russell, Suzanne Palmer, Charlene Hamilton
Page owned by Janine Wood, last updated on 27/04/2021. This page has been viewed 10,346 times.