Welcome to the Portage Team's page, we hope it provides a clear overview of our work and any information you are looking for.
If you need anything further please email:
The Portage Team provide a home visiting and early education support group service for pre-school children with additional needs and their familiies. Children 0 – 3 can receive Portage Home Visiting and children 3 – 5 can attend one of our Portage small
Bradford Portage is a registered service with the
National Portage Association www.portage.org.uk
The Portage Team have an open referral system via a Portage Enquiry Form for parents, carers and professionals.
The Team provides a service to children and their parents/carers, including:
- Partnership working with parents and carers
- Information and support to parents and carers
- Portage regular home visits following the Portage Early Education model through play based activities
- Liaison and joint working with other agencies involved with the child
- Training and support for individuals and for groups of staff including delivery of the Portage Workshop: A Small Steps Approach to learning for Children with SEND
- Support for transitions into settings, nurseries, schools
- Advice, information, completing DLA and/or loans of specialist resources
- Social activities for children and their parents and carers.
Alongside Portage Home Visiting we also run a number of Portage Groups around the Bradford District.
Please email Senior Portage Home Visitor
Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To refer a child to Portage please complete the Request for Early Years 0-7 SEND Pathway Services form -
0-25 SEND Inclusive Education Service
High Incidence Team
Margaret McMillan Tower
Tel: 01274 439500
Senior Portage Home Visitor: Janine Wood
Administrative Assistant: Mary Day
Portage Home Visitors: Kerry Cawley, Wakhida Akhtar, Erum Iqbal, Lisa Haley, Lucy Dawson, Suzanne Palmer & Louise Williamson
Page owned by Janine Wood, last updated on 25/09/2018. This page has been viewed 5,027 times.