This programme offers vital skills and techniques backed up with cutting edge theory that will enable the cover supervisor to do their job with enthusiasm and confidence.
- To explore and clarify the role of cover supervisor
- To identify key strategies for the positive management of behaviour
- To provide proven and practical ideas and techniques for engagement
The programme will focus on the following key areas:
- Making the role credible – building a team
- Understanding and coping with challenging behaviour
- Getting it covered: the learning classroom
- Creativity with confidence and control
- Engagement strategies
- Building an armoury of quality teaching skills
- Next steps for cover supervisors
All participants will receive real strategies and resources that they will be able to use to inform and evolve their practice immediately.
Course No: CPD14P/09
Dates: 1st and 2nd October 2014 - 9am to 3pm (delegates to attend both days)
Venue: Cedar Court Hotel, Ainley Top
Cost: £295 per person
Tutor: Jane Walton (from Karen Ardley Associates)
To apply, please complete the standard course application form and return to the Courses Desk in the usual way.
Please contact Amanda Wright on 01274 385740 if you have any queries regarding this training.