This is a fantastic opportunity for schools to make a difference in this difficult area of PSHE teaching.
The performance of Somebody’s Sister, Somebody’s Daughter, is part of a package of resources that include:
- A pre-performance lesson plan, including a survey for students to complete regarding CSE
- The performance of Somebody’s Sister, Somebody’s Daughter. The performance lasts approx 45 minutes and is followed by a “hot-seating” session in which students can ask the characters from the play any questions that the performance has
- A post-performance lesson plan, with follow up survey (GW theatre collate the response to both questionnaires).
The following additional resources are also available:
- A DVD, “CEASE: Children Empowered Against Child Sexual Exploitation”, produced by Bradford young people to raise awareness of CSE
- Posters designed by young people working with the Youth Service
- “Consequences Cards” produced by young people working with Hand in Hand
- Wrist bands with build in USB that links to sources of support for young people concerned about CSE and related issues.
The Somebody’s Sister, Somebody’s Daughter performance and resources are designed to be offered to students in year 10, however schools may identify older student who would also benefit. Each performance can run with up to 150 students.
One performance and the resources will be offered to each secondary school free of charge. Additional performances of
Somebody’s Sister, Somebody’s Daughter, can be arranged directly with GW theatre who will offer this at a discounted price.
If you would like to book a performance and access the Somebody’s Sister, Somebody’s Daughter, resources please email your contact details to