Got a problem? We CAN help!
Click on www.bradfordcan.org.uk
New website for free advice services in Bradford district – debt, benefits, housing, employment rights, immigration and more. Please help us to promote the website
This new local advice website is owned by the Community Advice Network, the partnership of local advice charities (previously known as ANTP). All our advice services are free, independent, confidential, impartial and have the national Advice Quality Standard.
We can help people with benefits, tax credits, debt, housing, employment, immigration, consumer and related problems.
www.bradfordcan.org.uk helps people in two ways:
- making it easy to find face-to-face advice services, provided by local advice charities in communities across Bradford, Shipley and Keighley
On the home page, you choose the issue you want advice about by clicking on one of the icons – for example benefits. On the next page you find a search box where you enter your postcode. The website gives you a list of all the advice services in your postcode,
others in city/town centres in the district and some national helplines. When you click on one, the website gives you details of opening times, how to make contact and a map.
- giving quick links to trustworthy websites, by national charities like Citizens Advice and Shelter, and to other useful websites like Bradford Council and ACAS.
On the home page, you choose the issue you want to find out more about by clicking on one of the icons – for example debt. On the next page you are given a list of common debt problems, such as rent arrears and credit cards. When you ‘choose this issue’
the next page gives you links that take you to reliable national websites. You can search on these website for more information so you can help yourself.
Please help us to publicise the new website:
- Make sure staff working on your reception know about
www.bradfordcan.org.uk, to make their jobs easier if they need to signpost people elsewhere for help
www.bradfordcan.org.uk to the desktop of any PCs that you have available for use by the public or your service users
- Add www.bradfordcan.org.uk as a link from your own agency’s website so that people can go direct from your website to find advice
- Tell people about
www.bradfordcan.org.uk in your newsletters or ebulletins – if you want a ready-made article, please
- Get copies of our new booklet and poster for your waiting rooms and public areas – you can
download the booklet as a pdf and order hard copies from us, please
- If you know other people and organisations who would use
www.bradfordcan.org.uk, or put an article in a newsletter, or make available our printed booklet/poster, please