About the course
The quality of a school’s Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development is central to its ethos.
Its importance is emphasised in the Ofsted framework, particularly in relation to leadership, management and overall effectiveness of the school.
This one-day course, led by qualified and experienced teacher-advisors, balances input with reflection and interactivity and guides participants through a personal SMSC journey.
The course takes place at Culture Fusion, 125 Thornton Rd, Bradford, BD1 2EP
Cost: £175 per delegate, including course materials, lunch and refreshments.
Come as a team and save £75 for a second delegate and £100 for a third!
At the end of the course, you will:
• have a clear understanding of what SMSC development looks like in a school;
• be aware of the Ofsted definitions for SMSC and inspection expectations in this area;
• be equipped with the knowledge needed to create and implement a whole-school SMSC strategy;
• take home a number of classroom resources which exemplify SMSC development, as well as the invaluable SLN SMSC toolkit and audit which is available exclusively to course delegates;
• understand how to evidence and evaluate the impact of SMSC.
Who should attend
Headteachers, school leaders and teachers leading on SMSC development.
How to book
Please book online at www.schoolslinkingnetwork.org.uk, or by email
or phone 01274 385470.