Bradford Speech and Language Therapy service are providing free CPD to EYFS practitioners across Bradford as we recognise this need across Bradford schools. This course will give practitioners an understanding of the types of SLCN (speech,
language & communication needs), how to identify SLCN and ideas for how to support them.
The recommendation is to attend each session as the themes link together. The sessions will be delivered via Teams.
Session 1: Overview of SLCN
- SLCN facts & figures
- The Communication Chain
- The features of different types of SLCN
Session 2: Identification of SLCN
- Stages of speech & language development
- ‘Red Flags’ for each stage
- Screening tools
Session 3: Adult-Child Interaction
- The importance of adults’ language
- Practical ways to adapt your language & interaction to support children’s communication development in a natural way in your setting
Session 4: Top Tips for Supporting SLCN
- Activity ideas & strategies for supporting each area of SLCN
- Information about resources & interventions
Who should attend?
Early Years Educators, Nursery and Reception Teachers, Nursery and Preschool Managers, PVI Leaders.
Maximum 2 places per setting.
To book your free place on all 4 sessions please contact:
There are a limited number of places so please book early to avoid disappointment.
NB: There may be a charge for non-attendance. Please let us know in advance if you have booked a place but are unable to come.