Tesco Little Helps
Open for Applications
A limited number of one-off grants are available for a wide range of not-for-profit organisations across the UK for projects that will help them make a difference in their communities.
Tesco Little Helps is a one-off competition provided by Tesco and administered by Groundwork UK.
The new campaign is in addition to the Tesco Community Grants scheme and groups can apply to both.
Objectives of Fund
The funding is intended to support the community work of 60 local not-for-profit organisations across the UK during 2022.
There is a total funding pot of £300,000.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
It is anticipated that 60 grants will be awarded across the UK.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from non-profit making constituted groups or organisations with a governing document.
- Voluntary/community organisations
- Registered charities
- Social enterprises
- Industrial Provident Society
- Community Interest Companies limited by guarantee and running for a minimum of two years
- Community councils
- Housing organisations.
- Schools can apply if the grant supports local activities that benefit their community.
Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- For profit organisations.
- CICs limted by shares.
- Local councils.
- Work that has already taken place.
- Political donations.
- Fundraising activities or challenges (eg, costs for a sky dive etc.).
- Activities which collect funds for redistribution to other charities or individuals.
- Overseas appeals.
- Expeditions or overseas travel.
- Promotion of a religious or political cause.
- Marketing promotions.
- Research projects.
- Projects or activities that the state has a legal obligation to provide.
- Purchase of land.
Priority will be given to projects that provide food and support to young people, with examples including:
- A local school needing support to buy food for a children’s breakfast club.
- A voluntary organisation working with families to run a food bank.
- A charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health.
- A brownie or scout group needing new camping equipment.
- Kitchen equipment for a youth project to set up a holiday club.
- Supporting a community centre wanting to put on a celebration lunch or Meals on Wheels service.
- A healthy eating project that supports families to cook healthy meals on a budget.
How To Apply
The guidance notes, FAQs and online application form can be found on Groundwork UK website.
Applications are open for three weeks with a deadline of midnight on 6 February 2022.
Eligible applications will be shortlisted by Tesco and Little Helps to ensure that funding will benefit organisations delivering vital support for local communities.
A shortlisting expert panel will decide upon each of the winners who will be notified, 60 days after the competition has closed.
Contact Groundwork UK for further information.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
The Walker Building
58 Oxford Street
Tel: 0121 237 5780