Unlike previous years when projects had to deliver sports or physical activities, this year (2021) the funding aims to support organisations carrying out projects that address the following themes:
- Improving mental wellbeing
- Enabling community participation in the arts
- Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty
- Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality
- Improving biodiversity and green spaces
- Enabling participation in physical activity
- Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
- Increasing community access to outdoor space.
Organisations that receive a grant will also be awarded a year of free membership (funded by the player’s of the People’s Postcode Lottery). This means that the grant recipient will not have to pay the £80 + VAT membership fee, although they will still be
required to set up a direct debit upon registration.
Also new for 2021, charitable organisations that are schools or connected to schools may apply. This is in addition to registered charities, Community Interest Companies (CICs), Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs, SCIOs) social enterprises, and
other not-for-profit community organisations.
For more information visit
Local Giving website
Applications will be accepted from 1 March 2021 to 31 October 2021.