New Round of T Levels Capital Fund to Improve Educational Buildings and Facilities
T Levels are new technical study programmes that will sit alongside apprenticeships within a skills training system.
There are two elements of the fund:
- Specialist equipment allocation (SEA)
- Buildings and facilities improvement grant (BFIG)
All providers that have been selected to deliver T Levels from September 2022 are in scope to receive the Specialist Equipment Allocation (SEA).
Buildings and facilities improvement grant (BFIG)
Eligible providers should apply for a BFIG if they have a pressing need for capital funding to support the delivery of T Levels. For example, if their buildings are in poor condition, unsuitable for delivering T Levels or they have an estate at risk of becoming
inefficient and their project can deliver high value for money.
This process will cover all pathways included in the T Level route(s). The seven pathways are:
- Education and childcare
- Health and science
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Business and administration
- Legal, finance, and accounting.
Eligible applicants must be a provider on the DfE's list of Providers selected to deliver T Levels; and:
- Are an Academy, Further Education College, Higher Education Institution, School, Sixth Form College or University Technical College; and
- Have not previously been awarded a BFIG for the T Level route for which they are applying.
Where an Academy is part of a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) the MAT will need to apply on behalf of the Academy.
Grants of between £200,000 and £1,400,000 are available (depending on which pathway is being applied for).
The deadline for applications is 26 March 2021 (noon).
For further information pleaes visit the Government Website
All T-Level providers can be downloaded