The course covers
The logistics of planning Prevent training in your setting.
• National and local risk
• The International/Religious and Far Right threat
• Radicalisation – an example
Content – the training you will deliver, which covers:-
- Understanding the aims of the Prevent Strategy, our responsibilities within the duty and the current risks in our society and region
- Identifying those who may be vulnerable to terrorism, when they may be in need of our help and why some people can influence and manipulation others to commit crimes
- Understanding what help and support looks like in your area and who to turn to if you have concerns.
At the end of the training participants will be able to communicate this to a chosen audience using training materials and selected case studies.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion and a Prevent Training Pack which will include PowerPoint presentation with notes, guidance, and age-related case studies.
Please note: You must work in the Education sector and use your school email address to book onto the course.