Decarbonisation Grant Scheme
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has launched the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme (referred to in this document as “the Grant Scheme”). The Grant Scheme will be delivered by Salix Finance.
The Grant Scheme will be available for capital energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation projects within public sector non-domestic buildings including central government departments and arm’s length bodies in England.
The Grant Scheme will:
• Deliver stimulus to the energy efficiency and low carbon heat sectors, supporting jobs
• Deliver significant carbon savings in the public sector
Who can apply?
Those who are eligible to apply for the Grant Scheme and are referred to in this document as
the “the Eligible Body” or the “Applicant”:
- Central government departments and their arm’s length bodies (set out in Public Bodies1 as published by the Cabinet Office)
- For central government departments where their roles are reserved (i.e. not devolved to Scottish or Welsh Governments or the Northern Ireland Executive), funding may be used for estates located anywhere within the UK;
- Emergency services;
- Institutions of further and higher education;
- Local authorities;
- Maintained schools within the state education system, including academies, Multi-Academy Trusts and free schools;
- Nursery schools maintained by a local authority;
- NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts;
- Non-departmental public bodies.
Key dates for submitting applications
Applications will only be considered subject to available funds.
- Applications are open to all eligible organisations from Wednesday 30 September 2020.
The closing date for applications is dependent on the type of eligible organisation that you are.
- Public sector bodies which will require funding to be transferred between Government Departments at Supplementary Estimates must submit their applications no later than
Monday 9 November 2020.
- For all other eligible organisations, the closing date for the submission of applications is
Monday 11 January 2021. All other eligible bodies that wish to have their project assessed before the end of 2020, must submit their application by
Friday 11 December 2020.
Contact details and further information
The Salix website has an area dedicated to the Grant Scheme . Please refer to this
webpage for the most up to date information regarding key dates or download the attached
All Grant Scheme enquiries should be sent by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Salix aim to reply to all emails within 24 hours.