- Schools should ensure they have registered their NQTs with the Appropriate Body as soon as possible now that term has started. Registrations for Bradford Appropriate Body are completed on
Early Career Framework
- All Bradford schools are eligible for the Early Career Framework resources and support. Any schools with NQTs who have started their first term and those in the second term of their induction should ensure they have selected their chosen
provider for the materials and support for NQTs and mentors.
- For further information schools should look at the
DfE website which has an explanation about the offer
- Links to each providers’ own website and information
can be found here. They should then select the provider they wish to work with and register their NQTs with them.
- Again this should be done as soon as possible so that NQTs are given the best start to their induction.
Amendment to statutory guidance
- There has been an amendment by the DfE to the information about absences related to Covid-19. These absences will not contribute towards the absence limit that would extend statutory induction. This amendment will now extend to September 2021
- DfE information for schools NQTs about induction and Covid-19
can be found at this site
- We are looking at setting up the usual mentor training for new co-ordinators and tutors as soon as is practical this term. Please check BSO and NQT Manager for details on how to register once the information is announced.