Burley and Woodhead CE Primary School has been designated by the DfE as one of 34 English Hubs based around England. Our mission is to support schools in achieving excellence in early literacy, developing children who are confident, enthusiastic readers.
We currently have a team of 5 Literacy Specialists, supporting schools across Bradford, Craven, Richmondshire and Hambleton. We are looking to appoint an additional outstanding reception/KS1 teacher to develop phonics and early reading across the region.
Our Literacy Specialists will:
· Have an excellent understanding of early language and reading development,
· Have a proven track record of fantastic teaching in reception and/or KS1, including age-appropriate phonics,
· Be passionate about instilling a love of reading in all children,
· Have experience of delivering effective school to school support.
The Literacy Specialists will continue to be based in their own school and work with the Hub on a regular basis, fully funded at SLE rate (equivalent of at least one day a week).
This will include:
· Leading showcase events highlighting effective early language, phonics and teaching of reading,
· Carrying out audits of reading provision in supported schools,
· Delivering 6 days of intensive support in target schools,
· Leading phonics and early reading training.
For more details and an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 31st January 2020.