True Interactions: Supporting language and communication in children and young people who have suffered trauma.
Date of training: 21st October OR 23rd October 9.30 until 4.00 Venue: Margaret McMillan Tower
• Understand more about how the central nervous system is developed.
• Understand more about language development.
• Look at impact of trauma on central nervous system and language development.
• Reflect on current good practise in schools around supporting positive communication skills and emotional development.
• Discover ways to enhance communication, language and emotional development in school with practical, manageable steps.
• Reflect and look at the role of self care in school and how this can benefit children and young people as well as staff.
This will be a practical workshop based day. Throughout the day there will be opportunity to discuss specific circumstances in confidential safe environment.
The day will be facilitated by an experienced Speech and Language Therapist and Psychotherapist.
If you would like to book on this training please contact Joanne Henry specifying which date: Email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01274 435860 Mobile: 07582 103585