Come along to the NSPCC Leeds Bradford Service Centre Open Day.
The Open Day is on Wednesday 26th June 2019. There will be morning and afternoon sessions
9.45 – 12noon and 1.45 – 4.00pm.
Places are limited so please book a place by contacting Ilaria de Franco by phone 01274 381440 or via email
The day will be an opportunity for partners across the district to see how we are working together to keep children safe.
During the Open Day we will have a rotation of taster sessions for the services we deliver, where we will give a demonstration of one of the service exercises.
Through our Service Centre we work with partners in Bradford to:
- Develop, deliver and test services such as:
· Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB) Services to help young people with harmful sexual behaviours – assessment, consultation and interventions
· Pregnancy in Mind - a preventative mental health service designed to support for parents-to-be who are at risk of anxiety and depression during pregnancy and the first year after birth
· In CTRL - a group work programme to work with child and young people to prevent sexual abuse online
- Support other organisations to deliver our tested services and tools themselves, such as:
· Baby Steps, a perinatal education group programme for vulnerable parents, including those experiencing mental health difficulties. This service is currently being delivered by Action for Children through Better Start Bradford.
· The Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB) Framework provides a coordinated and evidence-based approach to help recognise and respond to children and young people displaying harmful sexual behaviour. The HSB Framework has been adopted in Bradford and
a multi-agency audit has been completed by partners across the district and we are now in the stages of devising an action plan.
- Playing a part in influencing local policy and decision-making - through our relationships with local stakeholders and representation on the Bradford Safeguarding Children Board and Young Lives Bradford.