A conference celebrating good practice in oracy across Bradford schools. Keynote speakers include Duncan Partridge, Director from The English Speaking Union and Mark Mon-Williams, Professor of Cognitive Psychology, University of Leeds - Academic lead at
Born in Bradford. There will also be a range of workshops on the theme of oracy to attend:
- 50 Things to do Before You’re Five
- Let’s Talk “Speech Sounds’
- Tech Talks
- Dialogic Learning – Raising Standards through Oracy in KS2
- Leading on Oracy – Developing an Oracy Pathway
- The Learning Skills Curriculum: Developing independent learners through oracy, metacognition and self-regulation
Booking a place for the conference also give you an 'Oracy Passport' to see other events throughout the week such as:
1. Open schools - a chance to visit local schools who will be showcasing their work with the Dialogic Talk, IPEEL, 50 Things and EY Language projects
2. The Woolsack Final at Cartwright Hall - the culmination of a year-long debating competition across Bradford Schools
3. Bradford Museums and Galleries Oracy project - a taster of how schools have been using these spaces to provide innovative learning experiences.
The cost of the 'Oracy Passport' is £90 per delegate.
If you would like further information or to book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 01274 494898