Switches & Symbols to Support
Communication Rich Environments
- Using simple IT devices to support and develop communication skills
- Supporting the use of symbols to develop communication and engagement
- Resources and fun activities to support communication & engagement
- Fun with switches and taking control
- Choices or preferences?
- Planning for progression
- Opportunity to try a range of simple devices
- Where to start, where to go next
This day will give lots of ideas for using symbols and Big Macks or other simple voice output communication aids (VOCA’s) to promote fun activities and functional communication opportunities in a range of settings.
You will have opportunities to use resources and to plan activities that you can use back in the classroom or setting the very next day.
Tuesday 21st May 2019
Chellow Heights School – West
Bradford, BD9 6AL
(Sat Nav may need postcode BD9 6RY)
9:30am – 3:30pm
£70 per delegate including lunch
for more information.
Specialist Communication Training