The training has been organised by Bradford Virtual School for Children Looked After.
1st May 2019, 9.30am until 3.30pm at Kala Sangham.
FASD The Challenge
- No two children with FASD are alike physically or behaviourally
- Often the condition goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed
- It is caused my prenatal exposure to alcohol at any time in pregnancy and this can be as little as one drink in pregnancy
This is why it is so important to understand what FASD is and how we can best support the children who display these behavioural, social, emotional and learning characteristics.
The training will outline
- What is FASD?
- How is it diagnosed or what are the features of FASD?
- How does it impact on the development of the child?
- What you need to know if you have a child that you suspect of has a diagnosis of FASD
- Strategies to use in the classroom
Contact Joanne Henry to book a place on 01274 435860 or firstname.lastname@example.org