In the summer of 2018, the DfE designated 32 schools across the country as English Hubs. Burley and Woodhead CE Primary in Burley-in-Wharfedale is one of four English Hubs based in Yorkshire. We cover Bradford, Craven, Richmondshire and Hambleton. Burley
Woodhead English Hub is delighted to announce further phonics and early reading half day showcases. These free events are designed for us to work in partnership with you to evaluate what is working well in your current phonics and early reading teaching and
what you could introduce to ensure all children become confident readers.
Outline of the morning
· Research-based approach to reviewing your current practice in school,
· Opportunities to see phonics being taught then applied through decodable books,
· Practical activities and sharing of good practice by Literacy Specialists from across Bradford and North Yorkshire,
· Review of resources available to teach phonics and early reading,
· Support with action planning (£500 will be paid to cover the cost of time to complete the action plan) with potential to access funding for further training and resources,
· Follow up email/telephone conversation with one of our Literacy Specialists following the event.
Who should attend?
One Headteacher / senior leader and one reception/KS1 teacher with an interest in improving the teaching of systematic, synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions (2 members
of staff per school)
When and where are the showcase events?
· Thursday 9th May 9.15am—12.30pm Steeton Primary School, BD20 6NN (space left for 5 schools to attend)
· Wednesday 22nd May 9.15am—12.30pm Burley and Woodhead Primary, LS29 7RQ (space left for 1 school to attend)
· Friday 21st June 9.15am—12.30pm Burley and Woodhead CE Primary (space left for 6 schools to attend)
Book now at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/burley-woodhead-english-hub-18156743710