The penalties of poor handwriting and spelling are:
- Lack of motivation
- Low self-esteem
- Handwriting is a complex process which needs to be systematically unpicked before it can be effectively tackled.
Learn more about the physical requirements and specific elements which need to be developed, in order for children to write proficiently.
Handwriting issues are often met by using Task Orientated interventions such as:
- Practising patterns and individual letters.
- Copying text and refining incorrect letters, spacing and joins.
This can lead to years of children getting that big handwriting related ‘but’ in the feedback on their work.
An alternative approach is a Process Orientated intervention which works on:
- gross and fine motor.
- spatial awareness.
- graphics skills
This course covers:
- Handwriting development
- Fine motor skills for handwriting
- Gross motor skills for handwriting
- How to administer and interpret handwriting assessment
- Recognising, identifying and addressing potential handwriting difficulties in the classroom
- Putting together an effective and targeted intervention programme
This is a course for anyone in school, who works directly with children in the classroom.
We offer a day of training in MMT or alternatively if you wanted to organise a network group within your locality or MAT we would be more than happy to come out to you (a minimum of 4 per group).
For more information contact Ann Gabriel Specialst Teacher Physical and Medical Team email@example.com
For pricing information please go to the Skills4Bradford website: