Intensive Interaction enables learners with Autism and complex learning needs who find social interaction difficult.
Intensive Interaction enables pupils to learn how to engage with other people for progressively longer periods in gradually more complex and varied activities.
The approach recognises that play is one of the most important learning activities in the lives of children and adults who have severe communication impairments. It is how we learn the skills of being with and communicating with
During the course you will learn:
- What is Intensive Interaction?
- How to develop the skills to be a good Intensive Interaction Practitioner.
- The Fundamentals of Communication.
- Developing reflective practice.
- Opportunity to look at video footage to develop observational skills.
- Considering techniques to try in your setting.
- Developing recording skills.
Tuesday 9th April 2019
Chellow Heights School – West
(Sat Nav may need postcode BD9 6RY)
9:30am – 3:30pm
£70 per delegate including lunch
for more information.