Legionella Awareness for the Role of the Responsible Person(s)
Delegates should have sufficient authority and budget control, such as
Headteachers, Business Managers, Governors and those responsible for buildings. In addition to this, staff with responsibilities for implementing Legionella Monitoring tests (i.e. Site managers, caretakers etc) are also welcome to
accompany the responsible person(s).
Why senior personnel?
Because it is a requirement (under the Approved Code of Practice) that the appointed
responsible person has sufficient authority, competence and knowledge of the installation
to ensure that all operational procedures are carried out effectively and in a timely way. You cannot delegate your responsibility.
To increase greater awareness and knowledge of Legionella Control to all personnel involved.
The session will include:
- Background information and introduction on the Legionella Bacteria and Legionnaires disease
- Legal requirements and guidance
- Understanding of the Role and Responsibilities of the Responsible Person
- Monitoring and management of the risks
- Requirements of Record Keeping
- Test & Certification for Delegate
Course length and cost:
- 1/2 day session
- £30 for SLA (with Building and Technical Services) customers
- £50 for all other delegates
- Maximum 15 delegates per session
Please note that if there is insufficient interest then the session will be cancelled and delegates offered an alternative session.
To book a place please complete the
application form and return it to Charlotte Collins