In this practical session, we’ll explore the Sing Up website and understand how to find relevant materials and resources to get the best out of Membership. We’ll look at ways of increasing staff confidence and tips on teaching a song. There will be a focus
on fully understanding the elements of music in action and how to create successful music lessons. There’ll also be a brief introduction to Sing Up Music and broad guidance on assessment.
This training is suitable for anyone who teaches the music curriculum to primary aged pupils and is aimed at specialists and non-specialists alike. Outcomes for teachers
- Know how to use songs creatively to teach the music curriculum
- Understand the inter-related dimensions of music more fully
- Greater confidence in teaching singing
- Deeper knowledge of the website and the Song Bank and how to choose appropriate material
- Practical tips and songs to use straightaway
Using the Sing Up approach will support pupils to develop·
- Greater confidence in singing
- Their musicianship (i.e. understand of rhythm and pitch)
- Broader skills, including coordination, concentration and independence
If there is anything you would like to see or discuss at the network meeting, please let us know.