- Over the past two years, 12,500 girls in schools across the UK have participated in our annual competition of problem-solving and code cracking challenges to crown the UK’s most cyber-capable young women.
- The exciting competition is for girls in Year 8 in England and Wales, S2 in Scotland and Year 9 in Northern Ireland (12-13yrs of age). This age group has been deliberately chosen to give as many girls as possible the opportunity to find out more about cyber security
with a view to potentially influencing the subjects they choose at GCSE. Only 11% of the global cyber workforce is made of women, so our ultimate aim is to inspire the girls into a career in cyber security.
- Teachers, of any subject, can get involved and enter a team of girls. No prior specialist IT knowledge is required. Schools may enter as many teams as they wish.
- The competition’s Grand Final will be taking place in Edinburgh on 24-25 March 2019.
- CyberFirst will cover the cost of transport to and from the Competition venue, further details on this and how to claim will be given to those teams the make the final. All accommodation will be paid for, for up to four finalists and their team guardian.
The cost of the welcome dinner, transport to the competition venue and lunch on the competition day will also be covered as part of the prize for getting to the final.
Click the following link to find out more and register teams: