Burley Woodhead English Hub has been designated by the DfE as one of 32 new English Hubs based around England. Our mission is to support schoosl in achieving excellent in early literacy, devleoping children who are confident, enthusiastic readers.
We are seeking to recruit 5 outstanding primary teachers to develop the new Hub with us and work as Literacy Specialists across Bradford, Craven, Richmondshire and Hambleton in the first instance.
Our Literacy Specialists will:
- have an excellent understanding of early language and reading development,
- have a proven track record of fantastic teaching in reception and/or KS1, including age-appropriate phonics,
- be passionate about instilling a love of reading in all children,
- have experience of delivering effective school to school support,
- be a designated SLE or aspiring to become an SLE.
The Literacy Specialists will continue to be based in their own school and work with the Hub on a regular basis, fully funded at SLE rate (growing to the equivalent of one day a week by September 2019).
In the first instance, this will include:
- leading showcase events highlighting effective early language, phonics and teaching of reading,
- carrying out audits of reading provision in supported schools,
- delivering 6 days of intensive support in target schools.
Find out more on our English Hub website, including an application form, or come to our information evening on Wednesday 9th January 2019 5pm at Burley and Woodhead CE Primary School.