WYMH Maths Conference for NQTs / RQTs 30.11.2018
This conference provides an opportunity for primary NQTs and RQTs to meet with other like-minded teachers to share good practise, hear about the latest work of your local Maths Hub and receive guidance and support from peers and leaders in maths education.
We know that the focus of many teachers in their early careers is to focus on getting the classroom basics right. We want teachers to leave the conference full of straight forward, practical ideas that they can use in the classroom to support their teaching
We will explore:
- How children learn (what brain science tells us) and what every teacher should know
- Advice and guidance on planning maths lessons
- Strategies for effective assessment for learning
- How to get the most out of mathematical equipment in your classroom
- How to challenge and support all children
- How to improve numerical fluency of your children
- What your local Maths Hub can do for you
The day is full of inspirational speakers from across the region who are already connected with the Maths Hub. You are guaranteed to leave inspired and ready to implement new ideas from the day into your classroom.
Venue: Juntion 25 Conference Centre, Brighouse
NB - This conference is for all Bradford, Calderdale and Leeds NQTs and RQTs - but spaces are limited and we expect the conference to be over-subscribed.
Therefore, please book ASAP at: