As Muslim Saima and Sikh Ranjit prepare for their wedding, hate threatens to destroy their union. Will love or hate prevail?
With elements of live radio-style foley (sound effects), Partition will appeal to theatre studies students and history students alike. Aimed at higher KS3 and KS4 level (age 14+), the play challenges young people to explore their own heritage and
the continuing influence of cultural divisions on British citizens in 2018.
Originally produced at the West Yorkshire Playhouse in 2017 and subsequently broadcast on BBC radio, Partition is by local playwright and broadcaster Nick Ahad. It returns to the West Yorkshire Playhouse and is also being performed at the Alhambra Studio
and in various schools in autumn 2018.
- DATE & TIMES:
- Tuesday 13 November 2018: 2pm,
- Wed 14 November 2018: 2pm and 7pm
- Thurs 15 November 2018: 2pm and 7pm
- TICKET PRICES:
- Bradford schools - free of charge tickets at all perfs (including evenings).
- Other schools (outside Bradford LEA) - £6 all tickets
- Tickets available to the general public (evenings only):
- £10 full
- £6 concessions
- Family £20 (four people inc. at least one child aged 14-17).
There are no booking fees on this production, £1 P&P if tickets are required to be posted out.