This course will give staff a basic training in manual handling and will also include problem solving support and help to draw up a written manual handling plan for individual pupils. This is a legal requirement for all schools who need to physically move
This course will cover:
- Back awareness
- Principles and practice of safe lifting/ moving and handling
- Using equipment safely e.g. hoists
- Writing an individual manual handling plan
Tutor: Deborah Craig or Ann Gabriel
Training will be tailor-made to your school by the Physical and Medical Team.
School based Training
- Refreshment arrangement: Provided by host school.
- These sessions are to take place in your school. We will require a classroom.
- Dates will be negotiated with individual settings by the Physical and Medical Team..
£420 per school to train up to 6 members of staff for a half day (3 hours). £65 for each extra member of staff.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR INTEREST TO: