Bradford Birth to 19 Teaching School and Star Institute (formerly Tauheedul College of Teaching and Leadership) have been commissioned to provide support for 50 colleagues in 2018/19/20, who are:
- New to headship
- Taking on a second or subsequent headship
- Aspiring to become a Headteacher
This commission was made in line with the priorities of the Bradford Opportunity Area Delivery Plan –
We are recruiting 16 colleagues to provide mentoring and coaching support for three Headteachers each over the next two years. We are looking for Headteachers with recent, successful leadership experience in the Bradford school context who:
- Believe mentoring and coaching are powerful approached to professional development
are committed to encouraging self-directed learning through questioning, listening and a focus on the coachees’ agenda
- believe effective mentoring & coaching is needed to give new Headteachers the best start to their career
- have the interpersonal skills to be an effective mentor coach
- are available to work as a mentor coach for typically 6 days (2018/19) and 1½ days (2019/20)
- are currently or have very recent experience of being a Headteacher or Executive Headteacher of a Bradford school – any age phase or type
- have a track record of effective leadership, typically including with a current Ofsted judgment of at least good for the most recent school they lead or have led
- lead a school with good or better recent pupil attainment and progress outcomes
- lead a school with sufficient senior leadership capacity to enable you to be a mentor coach without adversely affecting your home school’s standards
- We willing to attend 3 ½ days of mentor coach training (at no cost) over the next two years, including 1st and 2nd October 2018
Payment for mentoring and coaching is made at £450/day.
To apply, please write, in confidence, to Christian Bunting, Teaching School Director, Bradford Birth to 19 on at
To express an interest, attach a statement of no more than one page, indicating why you want the role and detailing how you meet the criteria above. Applications should be received no later than noon on Friday 7th September 2018.
Your application will also be reviewed by Amanda Bailey Executive Director, Star Institute and Stuart Herrington, Executive Headteacher and Leadership Coach, Bowling Park Primary School, Bradford.
Amanda and Stuart will be leading mentor coach training.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with me either by email or by phone: 01274 494898