This course is aimed at those looking to become leaders and managers in the Early Years as well as those in leadership positions currently who need a day to consider their own leadership and management from a reflective point of view about the situations
they face. It is suitable for those working across the range of early years provision.
You will be asked to bring an object with you which symbolises how you see see yourself as a leader and manager.
The course will involve you in discussion, reflection, thoughtful activities and focus on leadership and management. It will challenge you and yet be fun.
- To establish a firm foundation of understanding the concepts of leadership and management and how both matter.
- To carry out your own professional leader SWOT analysis to create a joint action plan.
- To consider key strategies such as motivating, being brave, being consistent, prioritising and time management.
- To consider various ways of facing problems, inspiring, remaining positive when dealing with difficulties.
- To reflect upon your leadership and management both seen and unseen of children, team members and families.
Kathryn is now a specialist Early Years trainer and consultant working around Britain and internationally. Previously she was the Headteacher of the historic and diverse Chelsea Open Air Nursery School and Children’s Centre for nearly 17 years.
- Time: 9am Registration, Course runs 9.30am - 3.30pm
- Price: £180.00
- Date: Tuesday, 10 July, 2018
- Location: Bradford
- Venue: St Edmund's Nursery School & Children's Centre, Washington Street, Girlington, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 9QW
Places on this course can be booked online from the Early Education web site here: