The AMAP is an online portal for Responsible Bodies to provide a written (electronic) assurance that their schools are compliant with legislation on the management of asbestos in their education estate.
Please find attached, guidance for Responsible Bodies
on how to submit their assurance declaration to the Asbestos Management Assurance Process (AMAP).
Schools are required to complete the forms, the Council will then verify each submission before they go to the EFSA. Please use your unique URN and the Council’s Code: AMAP_33440_298550A0 (Type in, do not copy and paste)
The AMAP will be open for three months and the ESFA will remind Responsible Bodies during that period about their expectation to ensure that schools submit their assurance declaration by the deadline. Data provided will be extracted to establish a ‘snapshot’
on the level of compliance at the end of the AMAP analysis.
- Login to the Asbestos Management Assurance Process online portal.
- Enter your responses to the questions on the online portal. Read the automated guidance notes based on your responses. Save your responses periodically.
- Check that all questions have been answered accurately and that any data submitted (eg document dates) is correct.
- Confirm that all responses have been assured by the appropriate Responsible Body and approved for submission to the ESFA.
- Responsible Bodies should review their dashboard and complete the assurance declaration based on the available information from their respective schools.
- Responsible Bodies should submit their assurance declaration to the ESFA by:
12:00 noon on Thursday 31 May, 2018.
If you have any queries, please contact: