This event is FREE to participate for any secondary school or youth and community group in the UK who work with young people aged 11-19 (or up to 25 years old for those participating with a disability)
In addition to the racing, we have an Education & Careers Zone which will offer young people the chance to gain information and advice around employment and apprentice opportunities whilst taking on team challenges and engaging in landside activities & games.
The team categories for the racing are:
Junior – Years 7 – 9
Senior – Years 10 – 13
Disability – 11-25 years old
- Prizes will be awarded in each race category
- Teams must contain up to 16 paddlers maximum and 1 drummer
- Teams should contain a mix of genders (unless the team is from a strictly all girls/all boys school)
- All aspects of safety on the water will be arranged on the day by Race the Dragon Ltd. Details of safety arrangements, including risk assessment information and participants’ medical forms will be issued when you register.
- Buoyancy aids when on the water and a full safety brief will be given to all participants before their first race.
- No previous experience is necessary although training can be arranged with Doe Park Water Activities Centre. Please visit the festival website for further information.
- The competition will be run by fully qualified Race the Dragon Ltd instructors.
- Each team will have a minimum of 2 races plus a final if they qualify.
- Each team will be expected to raise £250 for the Lord Mayor’s Appeal
- Registration must be completed before Wednesday 19th June 2018.
This event is co-hosted by the Bradford Dragonboat Festival Committee and Race the Dragon Ltd.
For more information about the event or to register your team, please go to the
Dragon Boat Festival website or contact Nicole Stott 07582101131.