The Road Safety Team works with schools all year round but this week is a good time to promote awareness.
Please consider sending some or all of the following messages to parents and carers by text message or email:
- This week is Road Safety Week. Last year 199 children were hurt on Bradford’s roads.
- Seat belts save lives- don’t take the risk- always wear a seat belt.
- Every child under 135cms needs a car seat or booster seat until 12 years old- It is the law!
- If you look at your mobile phone for 2 seconds while driving at 30mph, you will have travelled 30 metres without looking at the road.
- Make sure your child can be seen. Look for reflective details when buying coats or add fluorescent and reflective items.
- Younger children get hurt while running ahead or lagging behind – always hold hands.
- Older children walking alone are often distracted by mobile phones and music players - make sure they understand the dangers.
- Always set a good example and talk to your children about how to cross the road safely; start from a young age.
Thank you for your help and support.