During the week beginning 20 November we would like schools to consider sending out some or all of the following messages to parents via text, email or newsletters.
- This week is Road Safety Week- last year 199 children were hurt on the districts roads.
- Seat belts save lives- don't take the risk always wear a seat belt.
- Every child under 135cms needs a car seat or booster until the age of 12. It is the law.
- If you look at your mobile phone for two seconds while driving at 30mph, you will have travelled 30 metres without looking at the road.
- Make sure your child can be seen. Look for refelctive details when buying coats or add fluorescent and reflective items.
- Younger children get hurt while running ahead or lagging behind - always hold hands when you are near the road.
- Older children walking alone are often distracted by mobile phones and music players- make sure they give the road their full attention.
- Always set a good example and talk to your children about how to cross the road safely. Start form a young age.
For further information about road safety week and what the Road Safety Team can offer your school throughout the year please telephone or email, 01274 437409,