Primary - 7th November 2017, 9.00 until 12.00. Margaret McMillan Towers (Hockney Suite)
Secondary - 7th November 2017, 12.30 until 3.30. Margaret McMillan Towers (Hockney Suite)
FASD - The Challenge:
- No two children with FASD are alike either physically or behaviourally
- Often the condition goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed
- It is caused by prenatal exposure to alcohol at any time in pregnancy and this can be as little as one drink during pregnancy.
This is why it is so important to understand what FASD is and how we can best support the children who display these behavioural, social, emotional and learning characteristics.
The training will outline:
- What is FASD?
- How is it diagnosed and what are the features of FASD.
- How does it impact on the development of the young person?
- What you need to know if you have a young person that you suspect or has a diagnosis of FASD.
- Strategies to use in the classroom.
This training will be delivered by Rhian Beynon, Team Manager of Adoption One. Contact Joanne Henry to book 01274 435860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org