We are now a year into our Signs of Safety implementation. We have many examples of practice across all key agencies, and:
- Over 1,500 people have been trained across children’s services, NHS, schools and voluntary sector
- We have several dozen Practice Leads
- 60 managers/Leads have now received 5-day advanced training. A second group will be trained in October
- Early Help plans are now structured under Signs of Safety
- Child Protection conferences are run under the Signs of Safety approach
We are reviewing our Implementation Plan ready for first annual celebration as part of Safeguarding Week in October. Details are in the brochure for Safeguarding Week.
teams and agencies experiences are fundamental to successful implementation. We need to know how
they are finding implementation – how it is changing practice and the approach to working with families? Are we having the desired effects? We are also completing a survey with parents so we can also track their
experiences over time.
Below are links to two online surveys. One is for frontline workers and the one is for Managers.
Please take 5-10 minutes to complete one of the surveys. We will then be making sure that what we find from these surveys shapes our plans ahead.
FRONTLINE WORKERS (e.g. social workers, school nurses, Health Visitors, Residential Carers, Family or Community Support Workers
etc) PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY:
Frontline worker survey
MANAGERS/CP CO-ORDS/IROS/SAFEGUARDING LEADS ETC PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY:
Management and non frontline worker survey