Thousands of hits on the school’s Facebook page and website demonstrate the interest in this very different primary school and its truly justified Ofsted report.
Overall effectiveness Outstanding
Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding
Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding
Outcomes for pupils Outstanding
Early years provision Outstanding
A parent shared with the school “I think the opportunities that are offered to my children (nursery, year 2 and year 3) as part of their day to day schooling are really different to most schools and are so exciting; my nursery child can’t wait to come to
school every day”.
The Headteacher, Chris Parfitt says “The report reflects the school ‘just as it is’ with sound statements reflecting the dedication and commitment of school staff and governors who are absolutely marvellous in their exceptional practice to enable every child
to succeed and do their very best at school, at home and in the community, now and in the future”.
A group of Year 6 children read the report with a school governor making the following comments:
“The report is fantastic – full of lovely comments about our school”.
“The headteacher, Mrs Parfitt, is a determined headteacher and she won’t stop until all children have achieved their standards. In her vision all pupils are stars in their own way”.
The children then picked out three of their favourite comments written by the inspectors:
· The behaviour of pupils is outstanding
· Relationships between school and families are very strong. The school is a force for good in the community.
· The inclusion of everyone is central. Respect, empathy, diversity and equality are at the core of the everyday work of the school.
The school staff revelled in the following comments from the report which makes the school a special and exciting place to be:
· The headteacher has set an inspirational vision for the school. Her determination that all pupils will succeed and take their place in the future as an effective citizen is well understood by staff and pupils.
· The school’s ethos is exceptional.
· The curriculum is highly imaginative.
· Spiritual, moral, social and cultural education is threaded through the daily life of the school.
· The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.
I hope that you have found our school’s report interesting, the full report can be seen on our school Facebook page and our website www.fagley.bradford.sch.uk and the Ofsted website.