Course Objectives/Required Learning Outcomes are that that by the end of the course participants will:
• Apply an understanding of bereavement models to understanding how bereavement impacts on the young person
• Explore different ways of working with young people during times of grief.
• Be aware of ourselves in bereavement work and what challenges might be faced in dealing with bereaved children
• How to develop listening and communication skills with bereaved young people
• What to do practically in the moment to hold/contain a child when they are angry /crying/scared
• Ways to emotionally regulate children and use empathy including understanding the difference between sympathy and empathy
Date : Wednesday 22nd March 2017, 9.30am - 4.30pm at St Peter's House, 1 Forster Square, Bradford, BD1 4TY
How do I sign up?
Please sign up on Learn and Develop with Bradford, our learning site: click here or via https://bradford-external.sabacloud.com
If you have difficulty viewing the site you may need to get a browser upgrade e.g. to Internet Explorer version 9 or Google Chrome – please contact your IT Support for information about this. For course enquiries please contact Sadaf Iqbal, on01274 431479.