In partnership with Child Bereavement UK, the Health and Wellbeing Service presents:
Sudden and Traumatic Death (including Suicide) - supporting traumatically bereaved children and young people in schools and settings
Venue: Hillside Centre, Beeston Road, Leeds, LS11
Date: Monday 30th January 2017
09:30 – 15:30 (registration from 09:00)
This session is suitable for anyone whose work involves supporting those who have experienced a sudden or traumatic type of bereavement.
The aim of the course is to help develop a greater understanding of the effects of a sudden or traumatic death and how this may complicate the grieving process.
· To gain an understanding of how the traumatic nature of death may impede grief
· To develop a greater understanding of how bereavement by suicide may complicate loss
· To gain confidence in providing support to those affected by sudden and traumatic death and recognise the role of schools and families to assist in processing their experiences.
· To develop strategies and creative interventions in working with children and young people in schools.
· To increase awareness of the impact on us when working with those bereaved by sudden and traumatic death and explore ways to support ourselves.
· To gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations and resources available.
Bookings and Enquiries:
To book a place on this course book online by
If you have any queries about the contents of this course please contact Helen Smithies, PSHE & Healthy Schools Consultant, Health & Wellbeing Service: email@example.com