Signing for children with Down Syndrome:
- Session 1 - Friday 30 September
- Session 2 - Friday 7 October
- Time 9.30 until 11.30am
Session 1 will cover why we use signing with children with Down syndrome and the signs for manners, animals, food, family and other people, and the alphabet.
Session 2 will cover signs for the home, school day, colours, descriptions, time/days, questions and connective/link words. Followed by a discussion on how behaviour can be addressed through introducing signing.
Both sessions will include practice of useful phrases and familiar children’s songs. A book “Signing and Down syndrome”, covering the signs in this course is available for £7.
COST: £80 per professional (£20 for second person from same school) /£20 per family member for both sessions inclusive.
• A very useful course. Was good to be able to practise the signs straight away.
• Impressed with how much I have learnt over the two sessions.
• Really interactive and enjoyable.