Experience of trauma in Looked After Children's early years and beyond means that they need support to navigate the school day, to be safe in school and to move forward with their learning.
Course objectives will be:
- To support staff to understand distressed behaviour so that they are able to offer more effective support for pupil.
- To support staff to build strong and healthy relationships with pupil.
- To provide practical advice for staff around supportive strategies that will really work.
The training is being offered in two parts as follows : (the second part in October being a follow on, supportive session to ensure check-in support for staff around progress/any difficulties that may have emerged).
- Part 1 on 7 July, 9-12 noon (limited places available) or 1-4pm (Margaret McMillan Towers)
- Part 1 on 14 July 9 - 12 noon (City Hall)
- Part 2 on 6 October, 9 - 12 noon (limited places available) or 1-4pm (City Hall)
Please contact Fiona Wood on 01274 435280 or
firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on both dates.