Understand and Identify Stress
- What “stress” is – and what it isn’t
- The differences between pressure, healthy stress and negative stress
- The range of physical and psychological effects of stress on the mind and body and the differences between acute and chronic stress
- Key stress factors in teaching & recognising stress in teachers & support staff
- Lesson observations / walk-ins and the stress on staff
- OFSTED and the impact of their assessments on staff
- Morale and stress
- Managing the workload
- Pupil behaviour and stress
- The research on how stress affects grades and performance
- Understanding resilience and resiliency
- Self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Coping mechanisms: fight, flight or thinking differently
- The 5 main factors of resilience
- Measuring personal resilience
- The benefits of developing a resilient mind-set
- How to develop a whole school resilience programme
Self-Care & Support
- Tools and techniques for managing stress – personal and in staff
- Signpost to a range of further resources for self-help
Review & Action Plan
- Review of training
- Evaluation of tools and techniques
- Personal outcomes and action plan
There will be a charge of £120 per person, this includes all workbooks, materials and refreshments.
Lunch will be provided.
Dates and Venue:
Monday 20th June 2016 @ St Peter’s House, Oak room- part A, 9.30 am - 4.30 pm
To book places:
Please complete the booking form on the link below.
to the Workforce Development Booking Form
If you have any queries about this course, please contact Workforce Development on 01274 434503.
*Due to the high demand for our courses it is important that you inform us in advance if you cannot attend. You may be charged if you fail to attend a course and do not inform us.