We are now entering the third term of the Early Years Pupil Premium.
As previously advised, the documents relating to Early Years Pupil Premium for schools in the maintained sector can be found on the Finance Section of
BSO or by clicking this link
The documents included in this section are:
- Presentation made to the School Business Managers
- EYPP Guidance
- Parental Form
- Eligibility Data Collection Spreadsheet
- EYPP Poster
They can be found in the third paragraph under Early Years Pupil Premium below the email address in blue.
In order to claim the EYPP you need to complete the following steps:
- Display the EYPP poster to explain the funding to parents.
- Give the parents of all NEW nursery-only children an
EARLY YEARS PUPIL PREMIUM - VOLUNTARY REGISTRATION FORM (Parental Form on the link above)
to complete to gather the information to check their eligibility.
- Add new children/parent details onto last term's spreadsheet which was sent to your registered BSO User via the secure BSO Postbox in October.
- Enter a leaving date for any children who have left the school or moved into Rececption (4 year olds in Reception rather than nursery are entitled to the full school Pupil Premium if eligible not
EYPP, however if the 4 year old is still in nursery then they remain entitled to EYPP).
- Leave all the details of any children who are still in nursery - children's eligibility is only checked once a year, they are rechecked in their 4th term in nursery but there is no need for schools
to recheck any details with parents as obviously their NI Number and Date of Birth will not have changed (unless you are aware of any surname change), we will check them automatically.
Uploaded, completed forms will then be securely downloaded by Early Childhood Services and sent to the national checker to establish the eligibility of
each child entered. Your registered BSO User will then receive an alert saying your checked submission with details of eligible children and the funding you will be receiving is avaible to view securely on BSO.
The deadline for submission of the information is
1st February in line with Census since payments will be made in line with the usual Early Education adjustment payments. Significant leeway was given to schools in the past beyond the original deadline. Unfortunately this
will not be possible this term. SO PLEASE ENSURE YOU RETURN YOUR SUBMISSION BY 1ST FEBRUARY TO SECURE YOUR FUNDING.
In the interests of Data Protection please
do not return these forms by any other method. This is the only process by which funding will be made for schools - please do not use the Free School Meals Checker or the 2 Year Old Checker for this purpose as this will not trigger a payment
and the eligibility criteria for the free early education for 2 year olds is not the same as that of Early Years Pupil Premium. Each checker is only to be used for the specific purpose. Last term a number of schools tried to return the completed parental forms
to the Free Schools Meals team - these forms should be retained in schools and nothing should be sent to the Free Schools Team as they are not linked to funding for the EYPP.
EYPP Marketing Posters
If any schools did not collect any of the EYPP posters at the presentations in Spring or you would like additional copies, please contact
Adele Baines stating how many you would like and they will be posted out. The posters have also now been translated into Polish, Slovak and Urdu. If you are interested in
receiving any of these translated posters, please once again contact Adele Baines.