Each delegate is provided with a workbook and throughout the day they will be asked to undertake small exercises which allow them to reflect on their learning and look for opportunities in their daily lives to improve self-awareness and recognise triggers points
in themselves and their staff and adapt to challenges and change behaviours.
Understand and Identify Stress
- What “stress” is – and what it isn’t
- The differences between pressure, healthy stress and negative stress
- The range of physical and psychological effects of stress on the mind and body and the differences between acute and chronic stress
- Key stress factors in teaching & recognising stress in teachers & support staff
- Lesson observations / walk-ins and the stress on staff
- OFSTED and the impact of their assessments on staff
- Morale and stress
- Managing the workload
- Pupil behaviour and stress
- The research on how stress affects grades and performance
- Understanding resilience and resiliency
- Self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Coping mechanisms: fight, flight or thinking differently
- The 5 main factors of resilience
- Measuring personal resilience
- The benefits of developing a resilient mind-set
- How to develop a whole school resilience programme
Self-Care & Support
- Tools and techniques for managing stress – personal and in staff
- Signpost to a range of further resources for self-help
Review & Action Plan
- Review of training
- Evaluation of tools and techniques
- Personal outcomes and action plan
Available to all staff based within a school setting that are head teachers/senior leaders.
Please note there is a separate course for school based staff either teaching or support staff. It is important that you do not attend this course with staff whom are managed by yourselves.
There will be a charge of £120 per person, this includes all workbooks, materials and refreshments.
Lunch will be provided.
Dates and Venue:
Wednesday 3rd February 2016 @ Margaret McMillan Tower, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN - 9.30am - 4.30pm
To book places:
Please complete the booking form on the link below.
to the Workforce Development Booking Form
If you have any queries about this course, please contact Workforce Development on 01274 434503.
*Due to the high demand for our courses it is important that you inform us in advance if you cannot attend. You may be charged if you fail to attend a course and do not inform us.