Each delegate is provided with a workbook and throughout the day they will be asked to undertake a range of small exercises
which allow them to reflect on their learning and look for opportunities in their daily lives to recognise trigger points, adapt to challenges and change behaviours.
Understand and Identify Stress
- What “stress” is – and what it isn’t.
- The differences between pressure, healthy stress and negative stress.
- The range of physical and psychological effects of stress on the mind and body and the differences between acute and chronic stress.
- Stress in the workplace: signs and symptoms & key stress factors in teaching
- Lesson observations / walk-ins and stress
- Managing the workload
- Pupil behaviour and stress
- Understanding resilience and resiliency
- Self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Coping mechanisms: fight, flight or thinking differently
- The 5 main factors of resilience
- Measuring personal resilience
- The benefits of developing a resilient mind-set
- How to switch off
Self-Care & Support
- Tools and techniques for managing stress
- Signpost to a range of further resources for self-help
Review & Action Plan
- Review of training
- Evaluation of tools and techniques
- Personal outcomes and action plan
There will be a charge of £120 per person, this includes all workbooks, materials and refreshments. Lunch will be provided.
Date and Venue:
2nd February 2016 @ Margaret McMillan Towers, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN - 9.30am - 4.30pm
To book places:
Please complete the booking form on the link below.
to the Workforce Development Booking Form